Part time position as Program Administration Officer for a
WSBI Financial Inclusion program: "Making Small Scale Savings Work"
General description and purpose of the role
The overall program management structure envisages a Program Administration Officer in charge of the administration of program funds and resource, budgetary revisions and tracking of resource allocations.
This job description relates to the Program Administration Officer position
In collaboration with Program Managers 1 and 2 and with WSBI's Accountant who will record program/project entries in separate WSBI's accounting records, the Program Administration Officer will have responsibility to ensure optimal administration of usage of Program/Project funds and resources vis-à-vis the MasterCard Foundation.
He/She will also work closely with Local Technical Consultants (LTCs) for English and French speaking countries to handle reimbursement requests from projects as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures administration of Program and project budgets, adapts processes and procedures:
- Implementation of effective internal budget controls;
- Full compliance with Program budgeting rules and policies for financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on PIC/PSC recommendations;
- Creation, implementation and management of the portfolio/finance management of all Program countries in line with WSBI accounting system.
Budget revisions on project and program level:
- Prepare quarterly internal budget revision;
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for MCF;
- Prepare half-yearly financial reports for PSC and/or PIC;
- Financial forecasting, setting up and maintaining accounts for new budget periods.
Tracking of resource allocations for 8 different projects:
- Revision, scanning and archiving of expert timesheets, receipts and invoices;
- Accounting for expert mandays, per diems and travel costs on project and programme level;
- Liaising with WSBI accountant for account reconciliation;
- Liaising with Program managers for invoice approval and control of resource usage;
- Liaising with experts to follow up on invoices and timesheets;
- Liaising with partner banks/Local Technical Leads for reimbursables;
- Liaise with WSBI staff to follow up on internal timesheets;
- Archiving contracts and reconciliation of man days used.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required;
- Specialized certification in Accounting and Finance is a plus.
- 5 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Fluency in English and French is required, other languages may be an asset.
The positions will report to the WSBI Program Director and WSBI Deputy Director, Organisation as well as coordinate closely with PM 1 and 2 and WSBI's Accountant.
The contract for the Program Administration Officer position will be signed with WSBI. The position is part-time (50%) and expected to commence in December 2016, and will continue until February 2022.
Candidates are invited to apply online with CV and covering letter to: Human Resources, WSBI-ESBG Joint Office.